The Carrot River Valley Watershed Association (CRVWA) is pleased to partner with the Saskatchewan Association of Watersheds (SAW) to host our 6th Annual Poster Contest! This year, the poster contest theme is Water Conservation. The poster contest is open to all students in Grades 5 through 7 that live and/or attend school within the Carrot River Watershed area. The CRVWA will be providing prizes for the top three local winners, and the first place poster will then move on to the provincial contest to complete against the top posters from the other 10 watersheds for the chance to win the provincial Grand Prize – which consists of a $500 prize package for the student and $500 for their classroom! Entry deadline is 4pm on Friday, March 17, 2017. Full contest details and entry forms are available by contacting our office.
Prizes will be awarded as follows, with no substitutions:
Grand Prize (Provincially) – $500 prize package for the student and $500 for the student’s classroom.
Locally: First Prize—CRVWA backpack and merchandise, and 10 Punch Youth Swim Pass for the Northern Lights Palace Pool in Melfort (approximate value of $100).
Second Prize—CRVWA backpack and merchandise, and 1-Bowling Pass at Melfort Bowl (approximate value of $75).
Third Prize—CRVWA backpack and merchandise (approximate value of $50).
- Contest is open to youth in grades 5, 6 and 7 that live and/or attend school within the Carrot River Watershed. A list of eligible schools is available from the CRVWA office. All entries should reflect a Water Conservation theme.
- Formatting guidelines:
- Artwork must be 100% hand-drawn, original artwork on a 8½’’ X 11’’ white piece of paper.
- Any medium may be used (pencil crayon, paint, wax crayon, marker, etc.).
- Posters will be judged based on the following criteria:
- Accuracy and knowledge of information presented within the poster (i.e. illustrations demonstrate the student’s understanding of the topic).
- The artwork demonstrates an appreciation of water conservation.
- General artistic ability and creativity.
- All posters are to be mailed or hand delivered to : Carrot River Valley Watershed Association, 202 Main Street or PO Box 40, Melfort, SK S0E 1A0
- All entries must be received before 4pm on Friday, March 17, 2017, the closing date of the contest.
- All entries become property of the Carrot River Valley Watershed Association, and may be used in print or promotional materials, social media, newsletters, website, etc. now or in the future.
- The 1st, 2nd and 3rd place winners of the local contest agree to have their name and poster published in CRVWA newsletters, crwatershed.ca, Facebook and Twitter.
- Parent permission is required on all entries, and this Poster Contest Details sheet must be completed and attached to each entry. Only one entry per child.
- Judges at the local level will be CRVWA staff and board members. The decision of the judges is final. All winners will be notified by telephone.
- Provincial judging will occur in Esterhazy on April 6, 2017 in conjunction with the Saskatchewan Association of Watersheds Annual Conference.
- Immediate family and household members of CRVWA Board Members and CRVWA Staff are ineligible.